Why do people like to flirt? by Tushar Gaikwad
Answer by Tushar Gaikwad:
There are many reasons why people flirts, its totally depend upon what they seeking from an another person. Some basic reasons for flirting are as follows,
1. Sex- Flirting can be driven by sex. Flirtatious behavior born out of this motive are based on a physical attraction to someone or the desire to engage in sexual activity with that person. It is important to note, though, that flirting can occur without physical or sexual attraction. This may seem counter-intuitive, but individuals frequently flirt with people they are attracted to.
2. Fun – Flirtatious behavior are sometimes driven by fun motivations. Sometimes people may flirt simply because it is fun or the interaction is playful.
3. Exploring – Flirts are sometimes driven by the exploring motive,a person flirts to gauge the interest of the person he or she is flirting with. They may be romantically interested in another person and flirt to gauge his or her reaction.
4. Relational – People may flirt for relational reasons. When driven by this motive, people flirt because they want to alter the closeness of their relationship. It's likely that many people flirt because they want to change a friendship to a romantic relationship, or a casually dating scenario to a more serious dating relationship.
5. Esteem – Flirting can also be driven by the esteem motive. This motive encompasses those times when people flirt to increase or reinforce their own self-esteem. Namely, flirting with people, and being flirted with, can make people feel good about themselves (unless the person is a creep).
6. Instrumental – At times people flirt for instrumental reasons. When flirtatious behavior is driven by this motive, people are flirting to achieve a goal. Perhaps they want someone to do them a favor, buy them a drink, spend money on them or complete a household chore? Flirting in order to get someone to complete those tasks describes this motive.
Though flirting can be fun and harmless, it can also be manipulative and devious. Staying aware of different motivations behind flirting is a good way to protect yourself from being used.